First, let me say, it’s been a week since IMAGES ETERNAL released. I mean it’s been a week. And whoa, what a week.
Things we’ve learned:
- We have some really, really great friends, family, supporters and readers. We love you all dearly and couldn’t imagine going on this journey without you by our sides. And kicking our asses when necessary and offering hugs when needed. Thank you. thank you. THANK YOU!
- While I think we did some things rights, there are a few things we’ll do differently for the next release. And YES! there will a next release.
*<cough>* January 2015 *<cough>*
- It’s never too early to promote, pimp, and market your book. Repeat after me…. It’s NEVER too early to promote, PIMP, and market the fuck out of your book. Start early, often and don’t stop throwing the word out there.
Kindle / Paperback / Nook / Kobo
- It is inevitable, no matter how many people you talk to and how many writing groups you belong to before, the moment your book releases a fellow author offers some invaluable suggestions and you MUST drop everything to listen. Everything. To. LISTEN. They know tons of places to market, ask for reviews and find readers. TONS. Also make a list of all these places. They may not work for this book, but they might be significant source for the next one.
- Algorithms are your friend. ALGORITHMS. Learn to say it, spell the word forward and backwards and know what it means because people are gonna ask if you know about this algorithm or that one and you should have an answer because these things help. Sometimes a lot more than you might think. Also, they will always tell you another algorithm to consider and add to your indie brain. ALGORITHMS people. They are your friend.
- Reviews taste sweetest when served with…who are we kidding? ALL reviews are awesome. All of them. No kidding.
So after one week of release, we’ve learned so much and can’t wait to put the info into practice.
What? Did you skip #3? Marketing people….It’s all about marketing. Do it EARLY, often and DON’T STOP!!
And stay tuned for sneak peeks into SHOALMAN IMMORTAL – Book 2 of The Shoalman Chronicles Series
You can follow our journey (and sometimes totally bizarre conversations) on:
Goodreads: Toni Decker